Our Carotid Artery Stenting accreditation program is designed to ensure that accredited facilities meet the highest standards of care in CAS.
An ACE CAS accreditation means that:
- The facility is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of quality care
- The facility maintains current best practices as recommended by professional literature and nationally-accepted practice guidelines
- The facility only performs CAS procedures when they are appropriate
- The facility’s post-procedure care meets nationally-accepted gold standards
- Patient outcomes meet or exceed those of comparable facilities that follow medical best practices
Our accreditation methodology includes:
- Evaluation of facilities by a panel of trained nurse reviewers based on written material provided during the application process.
- Two independent physician reviews of documentation, data and application materials. Each physician reviewer will recommend either “accreditation,” “provisional accreditation” until specific improvements have been put in place or volume expectations met), or “denial.”
- Depending on the outcome of the initial evaluation process, some facilities will be required to undergo an on-site evaluation conducted by physician experts at the expense of the facility. Outlier facilities (both high and low performers based on comparison to national outcomes data) will be surveyed to validate outcomes.
- Post accreditation outcome data will be submitted to the accrediting body quarterly, semi-annually, annually or as needed and reviewed to with recommended changes where appropriate.
- Where indicated, ACE will provide corrective action plans to help facilities meet accreditation requirements.